In 1954, Erdman Anthony was founded for the purpose of providing skilled and comprehensive planning and engineering services for municipalities, state and federal agencies, and private interests. Under the leadership of our founders, Paul Erdman and Ed Anthony, Erdman Anthony's reputation for top quality engineering grew. After their retirement, ownership of the company was acquired by a large group of the organization's managers on January 1, 1992. Since that time, the number of employees owning stock in the company has increased substantially, extending to all Associates of the firm and, through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), to all employees. Since 1992, the spirit of employee ownership has led the firm through a period of unprecedented growth and success.
Throughout our history, a thorough understanding and response to the needs of our clients and the community have been fundamental to our work. In all projects we strive for technical competency, sound economic planning, and preservation of environmental quality.