Erdman Anthony provided preliminary and final design services for a $600,000 Locally Administered Federal Aid Project that installed intelligent transportation system (ITS) equipment in various locations in Monroe County, NY.
The project included the following elements as part of the ITS system:
- Wireless radio communications equipment
- Closed-circuit television cameras
- Conduit and fiber-optic cable
- Traffic-signal cabinet modifications
- Communications encoding, decoding, and switching equipment
This ITS project expanded the coverage area of Monroe County DOT and improved its ability to monitor and manage the county-wide traffic-signal system from the regional traffic operations center.